Wednesday, October 21, 2009

"HOME FOR CHRISTMAS" HALF CUT

This card was a project at my class last Friday where I taught the "half cut" technique, which is a very interesting and fun way to use two sets of Stampin' Up! dies . . . the "Curly Label Movers & Shapers" and the "Holiday Windows" magnetic. The card itself is a Z-fold but, when you place it on the ornament-shaped die, you only cut half of the ornament shape so that it folds out from the Z. Really, really neat! If you visit my blog often, then you already know that I thoroughly enjoy learning die tricks! You can't tell from the picture, but I used a Champagne Mist shimmer spray on the red punched ornament (love, love, love my shimmery mist/spray!). The stamp sets used on this Naturals Ivory card are "Snow Swirled" and "Home for Christmas." This card also features Stampin' Up!'s Jumbo Snowflake punch and a rhinestone brad. And . . . YES . . . this is definitely a card that you can make multiples of without a lot of time and effort.

No comments: