Thursday, October 15, 2009

PAPER TREE

Now how cute is this little tree? To create it, I used one of the patterned papers from Stampin' Up!'s "Merry Moments" series, a little piece of 1/4" Real Red grosgrain ribbon, a bead, hot glue, skewer, and the one part of the project that took the most time (trying to find) . . . a spool of thread to use as a tree stand. Since I don't sew, it didn't matter to me whether the spool had thread on it, which it did . . . an ugly green that totally clashed with my pretty green tree. I just covered it with some Stampin' Up! 5/8" Chocolate Chip grosgrain ribbon. That may seem blasphemous to those of you who sew, but I truly have no use for the Kelly Green thread, but it sure makes a perfect tree stand!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Ok, what shape did you use to make the tree? was it one of the dies?

Regina Andari - workinouttheinks.blogspot.com said...

Hi Kelly

To make the tree, you need circles. You can use the Circle Scissors to cut one each at 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6 inches. I used hot glue to secure each layer to the skewer and then hot glue again to secure the bead on top and the skewer in the center of the spool.