Tuesday, October 13, 2009

WHO WOULDN'T WANNA BE ME?

I'm so happy to see the sun today!!!! I looked out on the patio and saw some of last year's mums, which I obviously have been planning (for almost a year now) to dispose of. Amazingly, some of them are coming back to life, through the skeletal remains of what they used to be. About two weeks ago, Chadrick had his BB gun outside and actually shot the first flower that sprung from the plant in this picture (boys will be boys forever), but it has a will to just keep growing! Who would have thought that my dead mums would be the brightest thing in the yard today? The song that came to my mind this morning is by Keith Urban, and I think this coming-to-life-again mum would be singing it, too:

And the sun is shinin'
This road keeps windin
'Through the prettiest country
From Georgia to Tennessee
And I got the one I love beside me
My troubles behind me
I'm alive and I'm free
Who wouldn't wanna be me?

Have a FANTABULOUS day!!!
ETA: You can hear the song HERE (and you can enjoy seeing Keith Urban, too!)

No comments: