Tuesday, December 29, 2009

DECORATIVE VINYL


You say, "What the heck is that?"  What you're looking at are vinyl die-cuts that I used to decorate the glass door of this particular storage cube in my stamp room.  For the second photo, I put a piece of white card stock behind the glass so the vinyl accents would show up better.  I think it looks quite good!  I used Stampin' Up!'s "Tulipe" die (minus the three little dots at the top since one of them got stuck in the die) and a non-Stampin' Up! Sizzix decorative accents die for the corner adornments.  This was such an easy project, although I must admit that I was nervous about placing the vinyl on the glass.  I used transfer tape (which comes with Stampin' Up!'s vinyl) on three of the cuts, but I just "peeled and stuck" the other two corner pieces and they went on fine.  I don't recommend that you just try to fly without the transfer tape because it is definitely needed for larger and/or more intricate cuts or for cuts that essentially have to be pieced together, such as with the Tulipe die, letters, etc.

1 comment:

Heidi Bound said...

Beautiful use of the die and the vinyl! I haven't dabbled in that but your beautiful creation has INSPIRED me!