Tuesday, May 18, 2010

BRIGHT AND CHEERY


I came across a technique today that I hadn't tried, so I put down my "Things that must get done today" list and gave it a whirl.  It's an okay technique--I love the end result--but I can't say that I'd want to make a lot of these cards.  It's called Double Embossing with an embossing folder, and here's what you do . . . (1) Open the embossing folder of your choice (I used Stampin' Up!'s "Elegant Bouquet") and apply VersaMark ink to the side where the images are debossed.  (2)  Place the designer paper of your choice (I used Stampin' Up!'s brand new "Island Oasis") in the embossing folder so that the side you want to be embossed and shown on your project is face down on the VersaMark ink.  (3)  Run the folder through your Big Shot machine and then, working quickly, remove the designer paper from the folder and sprinkle it with black embossing powder and heat.  To complete my project, I used the "Blossom Party" die to cut the flowers, which were adorned with a rhinestone brad and adhered with a Stampin' Dimensional.  My card stock colors are Tempting Tuquoise, Pumpkin Pie, Rose Red, Whisper White, and So Saffron.

No comments: