Tuesday, May 11, 2010

"SIMPLY SAID"

An oldie but goodie . . . "Simply Said" is a stamp set that I haven't used in a long time, but it's one that's near and dear to me because one of the first projects I ever created with it was published in a national magazine!  I've attached a picture of that card (below), and it looks sooooo simple!  I had used a Stampin' Up! wheel and triple-cell ink cartridge to create the swirly background, and inking that cartridge was a nightmare!  When I got paid for being published, I felt that all the trouble had been worthwhile.  Ha!  For tonight's card, I used Real Red,
 Yoyo Yellow, Basic Black, and Whisper White card stock, along with Stampin' Up!'s Eyelet Border punch and Real Red grosgrain ribbon.  It's difficult to tell from the photo, but I placed tiny gemstones in the centers of the flowers.  As much as I enjoy creating detailed cards, I always like the easy ones, such as this one, and wonder why I don't make more of them.  And yes . . . it's a square card!

No comments: