Thursday, June 17, 2010

GODSPEED . . . AN OLDIE, BUT GOODIE

Several years ago, Stampin' Up! had the "Godspeed" stamp set available, I think, in a mini catalog.  At the time, my niece either was or had been deployed to the Middle East, so the stamp set was one that I really appreciated.  This set is still a favorite of mine because the images are perfect . . . helmet, Blue Star Service banner, ribbon and, especially, the soldier with the letter he's writing in the background.  A demo friend's husband has recently been deployed, and her children are struggling to understand why their daddy had to leave.  I made this card to send to them to let them know that their hero is our hero . . . one who is brave and unselfish . . . and that he is appreciated.  They are trying to see if they can receive cards from all of the states (they are stationed in Germany), so here's a card from North Carolina!

1 comment:

Laura Lipe, Pisgah Forest, NC said...

I love all the samples you've posted recently. Great job!! You inspire me!! Smiles, Laura