Wednesday, June 2, 2010

SYMPATHY CARD . . . DIGITAL STYLE

Yes, I'm still playing with designs created with "My Digital Studio" and the "Summertime Splendor" digital designer paper.  With this design, I was going for a look of "Spotlight Technique on Vellum".  The oval portion is the "spotlight" . . . darker in color and (digitally) matted with Night of Navy . . . and the spotlight is (digitally) adhered to a background which mimics a floral image stamped and colored on Vellum card stock.  Is that what this card looks like to you????  This effect was achieved by using the Opacity tool in My Digital Studio.  The sentiment is enlarged and from the "Thoughts and Prayers" stamp set, which is just one of many sets of images that come with the MDS program.  Even though I already own "Thoughts and Prayers" and could have stamped the sentiment on the printed design, I would not have been able to manipulate the size of the sentiment without the MDS program.  Other Stampin' Up! products used to create this card include Night of Navy, Whisper White, and Bashful Blue card stock, Scallop Trim Corner punch, and Certainly Celery grosgrain ribbon.

No comments: