Thursday, August 5, 2010

THE OLD, THE NEW, AND A POP-UP, TOO!

This fun little card reminds me of "something old, something new" because I've used some retired, some new Stampin' Up! products to create it.  I can't take credit for the clever "mechanics" of this card . . . it was the brain-child of a fellow demo, Sandi MacIver . . . but I had a lot of fun designing this one!  For starters, I used both of the Scallop Circle dies and Big Shot machine, and I also used Stampin' Up!'s brand new "Elegant Lines" embossing folder (soooo pretty) on the smaller Baja Breeze scallop circles.  The stacked flowers on the front are all from the Blossom Party die.  Inside the card, you can see that the sentiment (from "Curvy Verses") is adhered to another scallop circle.  I can't remember the name of the designer paper collection that the striped paper is from, but I think it was called "Wintergreen" -- it was a holiday collection available a couple of years ago.  I decided to not fully cover the front inside flap so there would be room to write a message and/or sign the card.

No comments: