Friday, September 17, 2010

"FEMININE FRIDAYS" ALTERED CHALLENGE

Last week, with her "Feminine Fridays" blog post, Julie challenged me to use three colors of card stock and three stamp sets.  As you can instantly tell from the picture, I didn't accept the challenge exactly as it was presented.  Not counting the Whisper White card stock, I used three of Stampin' Up!'s new (In Color) colors . . . Poppy Parade, Pear Pizzazz, and Concord Crush.  My intention was to use three punches to make the flowers and borders (Scallop Circle, Boho Blossoms, and Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border), but I had to use the Small Oval punch as well to make the leaves.  To even things up, I added two more punches (the small and large tag) to complete another "set" of three punches.  For the card itself, I used a Sizzix Scallop Card die, and completed the flowers with a glittered brad.  Other Stampin' Up! products used include 1/4" white grosgrain ribbon, Stampin' Dimensionals, and the crimper tool.  So, Julie, I didn't totally complete the challenge as presented, but I did use three colors of card stock and three punches (times two)for this week's "Feminine Fridays."

5 comments:

Julie said...

Regina you came up with an amazing design. The color combination is fabulous!

Anonymous said...

Regina, this is a Lovely card I have never seen one like this. The colors are great. Keep up the good work. So very sorry to hear about your dad. Hope all goes well

Betty H

Crafts by Heidi said...

This card is really stunning with it's colors & design. Thank you for the share!

Liz Goldhawk said...

Very pretty! I love the scalloped card and the colours you used.

Wanda said...

Regina, very pretty card. Girl I do not get into your blog often since we can not get updates to it. Wished we could. Great picture of you and your dad too - he looks very young.