Sunday, October 10, 2010

"DECK THE HALLS" FABRIC ORNAMENT

Guess what I did today?  I played with Stampin' Up!'s "Deck the Halls" fabric to create this very dimensional ornament.  I started by using the Sizzix Scallop Circles #2 die to cut the fabric.  I used the Circle Scissor Plus to cut a 3" piece of thin cardboard and two 3" circles from Sticky Pages to hold the fabric to the cardboard.  I added Tinsel Trim to the fabric tree and then thread some Tinsel Trim through the big button (this was NOT easy) to use as a topper for my triangle tree.  Sticky Strip and an Antique Brad hold the Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding in place, but I used fabric glue to adhere the stamped sentiment (from "Home for Christmas"), which was stamped with Chocolate Chip Craft ink onto a piece of ivory fabric that I acquired from my grandmother's basement yesterday.  To finish off the ornament, I used the Crop-a-Dile to punch a hole for the Crochet Trim hanger.  What did I learn today?  I learned that there are ways to work with fabric that don't include a needle and thread and, trust me . . . you don't want to see the mess I made earlier with fabric, needle, and linen thread.

No comments: