Saturday, October 30, 2010

TIME TO HANG UP JOSEPH'S COAT . . . AGAIN!

Go ahead.  Think what you were thinking.  Say it out loud, if you must.  It's true.  This card is a train wreck.  Actually, it's more like a distinguished passenger who, after the train wreck, is found cloaked in ne'er-do-well-Joseph's coat.  The ONE stamping technique that I have ne're done well with is Joseph's Coat.  I've been stamping for at least seven years, and I decided about five years ago to put this technique in a sealed vault.  I even told my customers at the time that I would NEVER demo Joseph's Coat, and I never have.  BUT . . . it really bugs me that I can't produce even one successful attempt at this technique.  Stampin' Up! products used to create this failure and then try to salvage it include:  "Artistic Etchings" and "Elements of Style" stamp sets, Rich Razzleberry, Marina Mist (beneath the black surface), VersaMark, Basic Black, and Early Espresso ink, rhinestone jewels, Crumb Cake, Glossy, and Naturals Ivory card stock, and Champagne Mist shimmer paint.  Can you believe that shimmer paint couldn't even save this Joseph's Coat?  It looks like my mother will be getting this card since it's one that only a mother could love.  Now, if you'll excuse me, I must deliver this technique to a much lower level in the vault, unless I pass an incinerator on the way. 

1 comment:

Kimberly S. said...

I absolutely LOVE this card!!!! I always love anything Vintage, but this is FANTASTIC!!!! Great job!