Saturday, November 20, 2010

"CANDY CANE CHRISTMAS" QUILT CARD

To thank my grandmother for the beautiful quilt (pictures posted on 11/18/10) that she gave me for my birthday, I created this quilt card using Stampin' Up!'s "Candy Cane Christmas" designer paper.  Since the quilt mamaw made had blocks that were set on point, I "set" my scallop squares "on point" on the Crumb Cake card stock and then used the Top Note die to cut it.  I used the Square Lattice embossing folder  on the Blushing Bride and Top Note layers, which I think gives them the look of fabric.  The big buttons were sewn onto the Top Note layer with linen thread--yes, I actually used a needle and thread!  Other Stampin' Up! products used include:  Baja Breeze card stock, "Teeny Tiny Wishes" stamp set, satin ribbon, and Jewelry Tag punch.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Most Excellent card for your Grandma Regina! She's gonna love it.