Thursday, November 4, 2010

SIMPLE DISTRESSED PACKAGE

Recently, a good friend (who happens to also be a customer) ordered one of Stampin' Up!'s embossing folders and, since I wasn't sure when I would see her, I decided to mail the item to her.  I couldn't just put it in an envelope, though--I wanted to make a vintage-y package for it since that style appeals to her (and me).  I can't remember how wide I cut the card stock for this envelope, but it's 12" long, folded in half.  I used Stampin' Up!'s "Newsprint" designer paper, which I crumpled and then sponged with Early Espresso ink.  I also used the Scallop, Large, and Small oval punches, as well as the "Tiny Tags" stamp set and Jewelry Tag punch (love this punch).  This project was complete after I placed the rhinestone jewel on the tiny tag.  Being a demonstrator is really fun, but the biggest perk has got to be the friends I've gained along the way.  The one who received this package was one of my very first customers almost 7 years ago!!!  That pretty much makes her a sister!  ;-)

No comments: