Thursday, December 30, 2010

FROSTY'S GOT HEART

Now that my parents and grandmother have received their cards, I can post this one.  After Christmas, I needed to make the two cards, and I wanted a snowman since it snowed on Christmas Day when my family traveled to my house.  The snow almost ruined things that day . . . at first, my mother called to say that they couldn't come, and then my sister wasn't sure if she'd venture out.  I was so disappointed, but I knew that my niece and her little family were coming.  And then my mother called to say that they were on their way, and everyone else showed up so it all worked out!  Patty Mickle shared the perfect card on one of the demo groups, and I pretty much followed her lead when I made my cards . . . my only additions were the snowman's heart and the sentiment stuck in the "snow".  Since we had a lot of food on Christmas Day, this 3D snowman with a rather large body was quite appropriate!  Best of all, this was a very quick and easy card to make!  Stampin' Up! products used to create this card include:  Certainly Celery, Basic Black, Whisper White, Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, and Early Espresso card stock, rhinestone jewel, Dazzling Diamonds glitter, white gel pen, "Thanks Snow Much" (retired) stamp set, "Snow Swirled" stamp set, and the following punches . . . 1-1/4" square, Word Window, Boho Blossoms, Heart to Heart, 1-3/8" Circle, 1-3/4" Circle, and Snowflake.

1 comment:

Dorothy T said...

That is so cute. Love it. LOL