Wednesday, January 5, 2011

MY FIRST GRUNGE TAG

My husband's birthday is this Saturday, and this is the card that I made for him.  Last night, I decided to made a grunge tag (for the first time EVER), and it was quite an experience!  I've had my grunge paper for months and had never opened the package.  This stuff feels and smells like leather--it's quite interesting!  I actually made two tags because I made a real mess out of the first one, but it wasn't a total waste . . . I punched my stamped sentiments (from Stampin' Up!'s "FYI" stamp set) from the messy tag.  The other stamped images on the tag are from the "Friends 24-7" stamp set, which were stamped with alcohol ink and then brushed with Pearl Ex.  Let me tell you . . . I had quite a hodgepodge of mixed media at my fingertips!  The burgundy/red color that runs along the edges of the tag is actually a shimmery Radiant Pearls paint (another product that I had never done anything with--surprisingly, it wasn't dried up), and I sponged Stampin' Up!'s Champagne Mist shimmer paint along the edges of the tag and along the embossed left side of the designer paper on the card.  All in all, the making of this card (the tag) was a learning experience and, overall, it was fun!  Other Stampin' Up! products used to create this card include Pear Pizzazz card stock, Modern Label and Word Window punches, and Cherry Cobbler seam binding.

2 comments:

Beth said...

I just wanted to say that I discovered you blog the other day and I am now a follower, I also added you to my blog list. Your cards are outstanding and I am planning on scraplifting a bunch of them. I even bought the movers and shaper a2 card and squares die because I love the card you made with it.

Julie said...

I'm absolutely positive the photo does not give this outpouring of love to your husband justice. I especially like the way you layed out the FYI.