Friday, February 25, 2011

"FREESTYLE FRIDAYS" RAZZLEBERRY ENSEMBLE

Last week, Julie issued a mission for me to use Rich Razzleberry card stock to create an Envelope Box following these instructions.  The box pictured to the right is my third one.  The instructions are very, very simple but, with my first box, I somehow missed that the card stock needed to be 11-5/8" long.  Upon folding the box into shape, I realized that the missing 5/8" of card stock was very much needed.  With my second box, I forgot that I was supposed to use Rich Razzleberry and, instead, I created a cheery box using Stampin' Up!'s Ice Cream Parlor designer paper and Quick Accents (free Sale-a-Bration product).  Yes, it's been one of those weeks, and I keep asking myself WHY I can't follow simple instructions!  I really like that this box is very easy to make (if you take the time to follow the instructions), and it is a perfect way to hand-deliver a bulky card, a small set of cards, or anything else that will fit.  Stampin' Up! products used in the making of my Rich Razzleberry ensemble include Soft Suede, Rich Razzleberry, and Very Vanilla card stock, Eyelet Border punch, crimper tool, antique brad, Fancy Flower XL punch, 1-3/8" Circle punch, "First Edition" designer paper, Rich Razzleberry polka dot ribbon (retired), "Flourish" texturz plate, Elegant Lines embossing folder, Dazzling Diamonds glitter (on the edges of the flower on the box), Champagne Mist shimmer mist (which, in the picture, looks like white specks), and "Curvy Verses"
stamp set.  I sponged Rich Razzleberry ink on the embossed card stock, which makes it appear darker than the ribbon, but it's really more closely matched in real life.  Julie, thank you for the mission!  I'm so glad that I had enough time to finally get it right!  Have a great weekend, and visit me again on Monday to see my "Snappy Monday" project!

2 comments:

Julie said...

Another successful completed mission. Be proud, it's fabulous.

Anonymous said...

Not sure what to say I think WOW covers it. Love these.

Betty