Monday, February 14, 2011

"MAKE-IT-SNAPPY-MONDAY"

Today's MISM card features two fun techniques . . . a shaded, shaped background for the stamped image, and a ribbonless pleated ribbon accent.  For the Crumb Cake shaded circle, I punched a 2-1/2" circle from a piece of card stock to use as a template for sponging a colored circle on the Top Note die-cut layer and, while the template was in place, I stamped the leaf and stem image from the "Sweet Summer" SAB stamp set.  A piercing tool was used to make the hole for the "Sweet Stitches" fabric brad, and I then stamped the sentiment from Stampin' Up!'s "Curvy Verses" stamp set.  For the faux pleated ribbon, I cut a strip of Rose Red card stock, ran it through the paper crimper, and then pleated it as I laid it on a line of adhesive.  Other Stampin' Up! products used to create this card include Marina Mist and Early Espresso card stock.

1 comment:

Tammy Q Howell said...

Love all the details and thanks for the instructions. I was looking at on the NC Demo Yahoo group and wondered if you crimped the folded strip on the bottom and yes you did. Great card!