Monday, February 28, 2011

MAKE-IT-SNAPPY-MONDAY

Today's snappy project is not only a snap to make, it's even snappier when you turn it into a one-sheet wonder!  While the stamps were still out from making this card, I decided to make a quicker version that didn't involve embossing powder.  I actually needed to put four cards in the mail, so I created a one-sheet wonder and then cut it into 4x4 panels, which fit nicely on the 4.25" square cards.  The image background, at just a glance, reminds me of the serene images found in Sunday School materials and the front of church bulletins when I was a little girl.  Maybe I'm the only one who thinks this.  Anyway, after cutting the square panels, I used the Square Lattice embossing folder to texture them and then added the ribbon and sentiment.  I have had this Early Espresso ribbon for a while now, but it has a green tint to it--who knows why--and I just don't use it with Early Espresso projects.  That green tint actually worked very nicely with these cards!  All products used to create this card are from Stampin' Up! . . . Bashful Blue and Whisper White card stock, "Bliss" and "Upsy Daisy" stamp sets, Scallop Oval punch, and Not Quite Navy, Soft Suede, Always  Artichoke, and Early Espresso ink.  The card  pictured to the right was created from scraps that were cut from the one-sheet wonder.  Since my stamping wasn't straight, I had to cut from all four sides so the 4x4 panels would be squared and straight.  I couldn't bring myself to throw the strips away, so this card was born.

No comments: