Friday, March 25, 2011

WATERCOLORING WITH "MY DIGITAL STUDIO"

Last night, I learned a totally AWESOME "digital watercoloring" technique using Stampin' Up!'s My Digital Studio.  I cannot begin to tell you how exciting this technique is, but you can see for yourself the striking result that it produces.  I don't know that I could have ever discovered this on my own, but Cindy Schuster (a fellow demo) was kind enough to share how to accomplish the look of a watercolored image using MDS.  This card is a 100% digital creation using Stampin' Up! images found on the MDS software.  The focal point is the circular floral image from the "Just Believe" stamp brush set (an available download for the software found HERE).   The image that I used is shown in the black & white  picture (below) with a yellow box around it.  You can see that it's an image with positive and negative spaces, and Cindy's watercoloring technique calls for the use of colored punch shapes and other stamp images to complete the digital coloring.  As I mentioned, my card is all digital, and I used the following Stampin' Up! products (all available on My Digital Studio, some of which are downloads that I purchased):
Stamp Brush Sets:  Always, Just Believe, Extreme Elements
Punches:  Modern Label, Curly Label, Circle, Oval
Accessories:  Antique brad, Basic Black brads, 1/4" Riding Hood Red grosgrain ribbon
Designer Paper:  Basic Black Script, Strength & Hope digital kit
Colors:  Basic Black, Pear Pizzazz, Old Olive, Riding Hood Red, Always Artichoke, Cherry Cobbler

No comments: