Tuesday, June 7, 2011

AND IT SHALL BE CALLED "NOTABLY ARTISTIC"

I can't remember posting this card before and, during a quick scan of my blog, I didn't see where I had.  I hope it's new to your eyes!  This card was relatively quick and simple to make, and it uses what I think are two of Stampin' Up!'s best vintage-y stamp sets . . . "Notably Ornate" and "Artistic Etchings."  The color palette is quite simple, too--Crumb Cake, Cherry Cobbler, Early Espresso, and Very Vanilla card stock.  I began this card by using the Sizzix Scallop Square die to cut the Very Vanilla card stock, stamped the images, and then cut the card stock and adhered the smaller squares to a piece of Early Espresso card stock.  The scallop square makes it super easy to create a grid card, but the card will be larger than standard A2 size.  Although I don't actually make a lot of "grid" cards, I love the look of a grid design!  It ranks almost as high on my love-it-meter as square cards and buttons, and a design with a grid layout is always eye-catching.  My scrapbook club would probably say that there is such a thing as too many grid layouts, but . . . really?  Other Stampin' Up! products used include "Happy Greetings" stamp set, Cherry Cobbler seam binding, and Wide Oval punch.

No comments: