Sunday, June 12, 2011

"BEYOND THE GARDEN" COASTERS

Last week, I shared a set of coasters that I made with Stampin' Up!'s "Sunny Garden" designer paper, but I was thinking that coasters don't have to be one-dimensional.  I used My Digital Studio software to design these four coasters with punches, ribbon, stamps, brads, and buttons--all digital, of course, and then printed them onto card stock so that I could make coasters with them!  While each of them appears to have layers and embellishments, they're perfectly flat.  Each coaster features Stampin' Up!'s "Beyond the Garden" (digital) designer paper.  After printing the designs, I cut them into 4" squares, adhered the paper to a blank coaster, and then adhered a window sheet on top.  I used the Sizzix 3" Circle die to cut the coasters and . . . voila!!!! . . . they're ready to use!  I absolutely LOVE how dimensional they appear and, with My Digital Studio, design abilities are only limited by your imagination!  While I was making coasters, I decided to try a PHOTO coaster and used a photo of my sister and her oldest granddaughter.  I forgot to put card stock in the printer, so the picture is on copy paper but, as you can see, it turned out okay.  Now, if you have been talking yourself out of purchasing My Digital Studio, you can go ahead and talk yourself back into it!  Each time I use the software, I feel sorry for anyone who doesn't own it, and I don't want to keep feeling sorry for you!  You can get it HEREWhat are you waiting for?


No comments: