Wednesday, June 15, 2011

FABRIC, WOOD, OR PAPER . . . ONE QUILT LEADS TO ANOTHER


Today is my sweet mother's birthday, and this is the card that I made for her . . . all quilted and buttoned!  The inspiration for this card came from a barn quilt that my parents recently had made for the detached garage/storage building on their property.  The barn quilt was inspired by an actual quilt that my grandmother made for my dad, so I guess you could say that my grandmother started all of the inspiration and has shared her love of quilting and the "how-to" with my mother and sister, who both enjoy quilting.  Personally, I have never had the patience for a needle and thread or the amount of time it takes to start and (much, much later) finish a gorgeous quilt.  However, I have recently made a barn quilt of my own (from wood, to hang on our not-so-pretty storage building), and I will post it to my blog soon after I get the sealant on it and have it hanging in place.  But, back to the quilt card . . . Stampin' Up! products used to create this card include:  So Saffron, Pear Pizzazz, Whisper White, and Poppy Parade card stock, "So Many Sayings" (retired) stamp set, "Sunny Garden" designer paper, Wild Wasabi marker for the stitching, Eyelet Border, Butterfly, and Corner Rounder punches, Baker's twine, BUTTONS!!!!!!!, and fabric brad from the "Sweet Stitches" designer collection.  My original plan was to use the Square Lattice embossing folder for the Inlaid Embossing technique, but my card came together too large for that folder.  Instead, I used Cuttlebug's 5x7 "Clockworks" embossing folder.  Mother, I wish you a HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! 

1 comment:

Julie said...

Breath-taking beautiful! Happy Birthday to Regina's Mom