Friday, June 3, 2011

"FREESTYLE FRIDAYS" GIFT FOR A GRAD

Last week, Julie shared a pretty bag that she had decorated for Freestyle Fridays and then issued a mission for me to do the same this week.  What a perfect mission!  It just so happens that I needed a gift bag for a graduation gift!  I began my project by selecting Stampin' Up!'s "Inspired by Nature" stamp set because . . . well . . . I thought it would be perfect for decorating the bag.  Isn't that grass image perfect for a lot of projects?  I used a torn piece of paper and Bashful Blue ink to create my clouds, and markers were used to color the flowers and stems.  You'll notice that I designed a coordinating card (instead of a tag) to tie onto the bag, and I think it's a great way to include a
note that you want to make sure won't get lost.  Other Stampin' Up! products used are Chocolate Chip ribbon, "Beautiful Wings" Embosslit, Square Lattice embossing folder, "Well Scripted" stamp set, Summer Sun Corduroy brad (from the Clearance Rack), Old Olive, Chocolate Chip, and Whisper White card stock, and rhinestone jewels.  Thank you, Julie, for choosing a mission that forced me to get this bag made for a special graduate!  I can't wait to find out what my next mission will be!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is adorable! Any thoughts for a more masculine version? We have 3 or 4 boys we know graduating and about the same number of girls. Looking for cards to make too. Great ideas--thanks so much!