Friday, June 17, 2011

A JUMBO TAG FOR "FREESTYLE FRIDAYS"

With her Freestyle Fridays project last week, Julie issued a mission for me to use three different colors of designer paper to create a project for this week.  If you're having trouble finding the three different colors of designer paper, it's because I didn't follow the mission completely.  I did, however, take the inspiration for this oversized tag from the floral project that Julie shared with us last week.  It's been a crazy week for me (and it's not over yet) and, as I was cleaning in the stamp room, I was trying to think of how I could combine Julie's mission with one of the tasks on my "to do" list.  It just so happens that I have a birthday gift for my mother that I can't wrap, but it needed some kind of festive decoration.  That's when I came up with the idea of an oversized tag!  This tag is slightly smaller than 8" x 12".  To begin my project, I adhered the designer paper to a thin piece of cardboard.  I used the Sizzix "Flower Folds" die for all of the flower layers, and the "Swirly" decorative strip die was use for the decorative accents on the tag.  The birthday greeting was cut with the Cricut and accented with rhinestone jewels.  I finished off the tag with a piece of striped grosgrain ribbon, and a big button (and hemp twine) in the center of the flower layers.  I can't remember the name of the designer paper collection, but all products are from Stampin' Up!, with the exception of the Cricut cuts.  Have a great weekend, and don't forget to visit me on Monday for the third project in my "Blossom Bouquet Triple Layer Punch" series.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Regina what a great looking tag. I just know your mom will like it.
Betty H

Jacoline Fitzgerald said...

I love your jumbo tag it is really neat. Looking forward to the next challenge you do for us.