Friday, July 15, 2011

"FREESTYLE FRIDAYS"

With her awesome project post last week (baby gift), Julie issued a mission for me to create a baby project for this week's installment of Freestyle Fridays.  I would have loved to put forth more time and effort to create something really fabulous but, with the house "paint and purge" going on and the stamp room looking like a tornado blew through, I had to keep things quick and simple.  I think it was last week when SCS issued a tutorial for a box card, and I had tried the tutorial on scrap paper but hadn't actually gone much farther than getting the folds perfected.  Several years ago, I had tried making box cards and always ended up with a mess, so I was pleased to try a tutorial that was easy to follow and, better yet, end up with a box card!  I can't recall the name of the designer paper that I used, but it's one of my favorite designs from a retired Stampin' Up! collection.  Since this card opens to form a box, I decided to make mine a gift card holder because a box should have something in it, right?  Other Stampin' Up! products used to complete this project include Whisper White, Pink Pirouette, and Chocolate Chip card stock, seam binding, 1/4" grosgrain ribbon, pearl jewel, and the following punches:  Eyelet Border, Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border, Jewelry Tag, Two-Step Bird, and Scallop Circle.  The sentiment ("congratulations") is from  "Swirls & Curls Verses," which is a hostess set available in the current Summer mini catalog, and the stamped images on the front of the card are from "Tiny Tags."  Have a stampin' good weekend, and be sure to visit me on Monday for my "Make-It-Snappy-Monday" post.





2 comments:

Becky said...

Absolutely stunning...love it!

Laura Lipe, Pisgah Forest, NC said...

Love the box card!! Judy and I made one and they are so fun. I need to do that one in class!! Great job!! Smiles, Laura