Thursday, August 25, 2011

"FRIGHTFUL SIGHT" POP-UP CARD

You can't tell by looking at the front of this card that it has a little surprise inside, but it does.  It's a really fun pop-up card!  Two years ago, I worked on a pop-up scrapbook layout (HERE) and decided to apply the same principle to create this card.  The inside is a bit bulkier than I would like, but I adhered the striped designer paper to a piece of card stock before I started cutting the pop-ups.  I  like that it's sturdy--it just wasn't as easy to work with.  Stampin' Up! products used to create this card include:  Cajun Craze, Basic Black, and Old Olive card stock, "Frightful Sight" designer paper, rhinestone jewels, Sizzix Tasteful Trim die, Spider Web embossing folder, Champagne Mist shimmer mist, black Satin ribbon, Postage Stamp punch, 1" Square punch, Sticky Strip, and "Grateful Greetings" stamp set.  Be sure to visit my blog tomorrow to see a cute criss-cross baby card!

4 comments:

Hannah Jennings said...

I LOVE this! So creative! How long did that take to make?

Ariel said...

what a great project! This is so much fun to open!

Jacoline Fitzgerald said...

Wow this is a really great card. Would you mind sharing the lengths of each of the cuts. I am doing a pop up class in October and really would love to make a Halloween one but didnt have the slightest clue how to pull it all together. You have done such a wonderful job. I really don't like asking but I am at a loss for just where those cuts start and begin. Thank you so much Regina.

Regina Andari - workinouttheinks.blogspot.com said...

Thank you, ladies!

Jacoline, I hope you will see this comment. I do not have measurements for this pop-up card (not yet, anyway). I wasted SO MUCH paper trying to get this one to turn out like it did, but I hope to find the time soon to take this one apart and re-create the measurements. I definitely would like to make more of these pop-ups!