Wednesday, September 7, 2011

"SPICE CAKE" CARD KEEPER

If you haven't already fallen in love with Stampin' Up!'s "Spice Cake" designer paper, then this project might do the trick.  I used three different designs from the paper collection to decorate this Stampin' Card Keeper, which is just one of the many awesome products in the Holiday mini catalog.  I have been putting off this project, afraid that I might make a mess of it, but it actually turned out pretty good.  This box comes with everything you need except for the designer paper.  The label holder came with two silver brads, but I chose two antique brads instead.  I also used an antique brad for the center of my flower layers, which were cut from the Sizzix "Fun Flowers" die.  I used the Sizzix Scallop Circles #2 die for the bottom layer of my flowers just to add a little more width and dimension.  Other Stampin' Up! products used to decorate this box include "Grateful Greetings" and "Clearly for You" stamp sets, More Mustard and Pool Party ink, Pool Party ruffled ribbon (love this ribbon!), rhinestone jewel, and sanding block (to rough up the edges of the box).  This box even comes with tabbed dividers, which are very sturdy and can be stamped or covered with designer paper.  There are so many design options with this product!  Wouldn't this make a great gift . . . filled with cards, sorted and ready to use?  I think I will order a few more boxes to fill with cards during the year, and then some of my Christmas gifts will be good to go by this time next year!


1 comment:

Rosie Guiher said...

Wow love the box and the colors!!!