Tuesday, January 17, 2012

QUICK & EASY "SWEET SHOP" DIGITAL DESIGN

One of the first things that I like to do each Tuesday morning is look at the newest My Digital Studio downloads that Stampin' Up! has released, and today's selection included a "Sweet Shop" design kit and two "Labels Collection" punches, which coordinate with one of  Stampin' Up!'s new Framelits collection of dies.  After making my purchase and downloading the new digital content, I designed this very quick and simple card.  The Crumb Cake layer, which features a "Parlor Prints" background (also a digital "stamp"), is what I designed in My Digital Studio using a "Labels Collection" shape.  The ribbon, jelly bean brad, cupcake, and tiny hearts border are all from the "Sweet Shop" design kit, and the sentiment is from the "Sprinkled Expressions" digital stamp set (from the FREE "One Big Sale-a-Bration" CD).  After printing the design, I used one of the Labels Collection Framelits dies to cut the printed design, and then I used a larger Framelits die (also from the Labels Collection) to die-cut the Pool Party card, which is hinged on the left side.  The last thing that I added to my card were the glittery lines of "Dazzling Details" on the cupcake.  The only thing that I would change about this easy card is that I'd leave off the digital ribbon so I could add a "real" bow to the finished card; however, if a quick card is what you need, they don't get much quicker than this while using a variety of images and product.  Have I mentioned lately that I {heart} My Digital Studio?  I might never create spectacular works of art with it, and maybe I will never use it to its full potential, but it is undeniably one of the best, most fun creative tools in my stamp room.  Best of all, it doesn't take up ANY space in the room, and I never have to dust it.  Love that!!!!!

1 comment:

Patrice H said...

Very cute. Gotta love Digital downloads.