Tuesday, March 6, 2012

DIGITAL DESIGN: TRANSLUCENT PHOTO BACKGROUND & VIVID PHOTO STRIPS

This afternoon, I decided to play around with My Digital Studio and see if I could design a layout that looked as good at completion as it did in my head, and I'm pleased that it looks very much like I imagined.  To begin, I chose one photo to work with and used it as a translucent background for the layout.  I created four rectangular photo boxes and filled them with "strip cuts" from the actual full-color photo.  I kept this layout extremely simple by adding an eyelet border (color filled with Wild Wasabi striped "paper"), 1/4" white grosgrain ribbon and bows, and a tab that identifies that the photo was taken at Biltmore House in 2011.  One of the awesome things about My Digital Studio is being able to use photos in a variety of ways that are just not possible outside the realm of digital design.  Although my project was designed as a 12x12 scrapbook page, this same technique could be applied to a smaller project, such as a card.  It's pretty cool, huh?

No comments: