Friday, June 29, 2012

CRAYON RESIST FOR "FREESTYLE FRIDAYS"

With her creative Crayon Resist die-cut card last week, Julie issued a mission for me to make a card this week featuring that same technique.  I believe it has been years since I worked with crayon resist, but the card pictured in this post was just my second attempt.  I found that Crayola's "Baby Powder" white crayon works wonders!  I stamped the image onto glossy white card stock using StazOn ink, and then used the crayon where I wanted the image to resist ink.  I used Stampin' Sponges to color the card stock with Lucky Limeade and Marina Mist ink and then tissued off the excess ink to reveal the highlights.  Stamped images are from Stampin' Up!'s "Serene Silhouettes" and "Fabulous Phrases" stamp sets, and the oval punches that I used are also from Stampin' Up!  My card stock colors are Basic Black, Lucky Limeade, and Marina Mist.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW. That's the BEST Crayon resist I have ever seen. Wonderful card.

Betty