Tuesday, June 26, 2012

"POSTAGE DUE" SUMMER CANVAS

Mixed Media is an art style that has recently started calling to me, mostly because there is no right or wrong way to do it.  You just grab some supplies and start working and, along the way, you think of something else to add.  It's okay if you end up covering an area that you were trying to get "just right" a few minutes prior.  It's even easy to cover up a mistake or what looks like a blemish to you.  As a member of the Creative Team for a bulk buy group, I received a big box of goodies yesterday.  Among the items in the box were some Artist Canvas Panels, and I chose one of the 5x7 panels to work with this morning.  The first thing that I did was lay down torn strips of Stampin' Up!'s "First Edition" designer paper, and this was accomplished with ModPodge.  I then spritzed the canvas with Pacific Point and Lucky Limeade using Stampin' Up!'s new "Stampin' Spritzer" bottles.  I even added Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint to the Pacific Point spritzer, but you can't really see the glimmer in my photos.  I used My Digital Studio to create the "live in the sunshine" tag, and the dimensional flower was a found item in my stash of punched & die-cut items.  I just added the Vintage Faceted designer button with a Baker's twine bow!  Also in my stash of items-prepped-but-never-used was a piece of Whisper White card stock that had been embossed with the Square Lattice embossing folder.  I used the Word Window punch and paper trimmer to create the fence for my canvas, and the Daffodil Delight butterfly was also a found item in my stash.  Additional Stampin' Up! products used to create this project include "Postage Due" stamp set, "Viola's Lace" Builder wheel (which I converted to a clear-mount stamp), and rhinestone jewels.  This project would be perfect for a class!  If you would like information about how to purchase the canvas panels, let me know.  The bulk buy opportunity for this item will end on June 29th.

No comments: