Friday, July 13, 2012

"FREESTYLE FRIDAYS"

Happy Friday to you!  I'm quite pleased to present this cute little shaped card for my Freestyle Fridays project!  I wasn't sure how I would fulfill Julie's mission as set forth last week (to create something using embossing powder and a die cut or two), but I couldn't resist using new Stampin' Up! products from the upcoming Holiday mini catalog.  I used the Window Frame Collection Framelits dies to create the shaped card and the layers on it.  It's hard to tell from the photo, but I used the Woodgrain embossing folder on the Sahara Sand layer.  The stamped image ("homemade yum from the heart") is from the "Friendship Preserves" stamp set.  Notice the cute apple?  The apple and leaf images are from the "Perfectly Preserved" stamp set, and the images were stamped and then die-cut with the Cannery Set Framelits dies.  I absolutely love using Framelits dies because you can see where the die is going to cut your stamped image and, of course, they're even more fun to use when the stamps and dies coordinate!  The little white doily was cut with Stampin' Up!'s new Delicate Doilies Sizzlits L die, which works much better for me than the larger doily die, and I especially like Delicate Doilies because there are three doilies on the one die.  Other Stampin' Up! products used to create this card include white gel pen, Crumb Cake taffeta ribbon, rhinestone jewel, Stampin' Dimensionals, Soft Suede card stock, Black Craft ink, clear embossing powder, and markers to color the embossed image.  Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Jacoline Fitzgerald said...

Regina you are such a creative person. You never disappoint me when you take on Julie's challenges. I love your card and it really brightened my day.