Friday, July 27, 2012

"FREESTYLE FRIDAYS"

It's time for Freestyle Fridays, and it's my turn to share a project.  With her blog post last Friday, Julie issued a mission for me to create a masculine card.  Any stamper knows that masculine cards are the most challenging, but that's probably because we mostly make cards for our women friends.  My card features the following Stampin' Up! products:  Midnight Muse and Summer Starfruit card stock, Comfort Cafe designer paper, "Petite Pairs" and "The Open Sea" stamp sets, and retired rope.  No bells and whistles this week . . . just a quick and easy masculine card.  Well . . . it would be quick if you know off the top of your head how to tie the figure 8 knot.  As for me, I had to consult the 'net.  And now . . . if you feel so inclined to leave a comment, you'll be entered in the drawing to receive this card.  On Monday, I'll use random.org to choose a winner.  Thanks for visiting my blog, and have a wonderful weekend!

2 comments:

Debbie said...

I like this card, but, as you know, I'm a big nautical theme fan. I haven't decided whether I like the Summer Starfruit color, it's an odd color, but pairs well with other colors - like a neutral. And who would have thought "cafe" DP would lend itself to a nautical theme so well!

Anonymous said...

Yes Regina, I totally agree masculine cards are one I also dread doing. Really have to put on my thinking cap. But you did a great job once again. Heck even the colors are masculine.

Betty