Wednesday, January 23, 2013

BIRTHDAY CHALKBOARD CARD

This card was one of the projects that I designed for my Inkerbelles' class last Friday.  The Chalkboard technique is quite a fun one!  I used VersaMark to ink all of the stamps that I used on this card, and then embossed them with white embossing powder.  My son said that the images looked too bright, so I used Stampin' Up!'s Stampin' Sanding Block to dirty them up.  A crumpled paper towel was used to add some white ink smears on the card stock, and then I used a white pencil to draw the lines.  The pinwheel was die-cut from "Sunshine & Sprinkles" designer paper and adhered to the card with a glimmer brad.  Other Stampin' Up! products used to create this card include Lucky Limeade card stock, Sizzix Pinwheel die, and the following stamp sets:  Carry On (hostess), You're Amazing, Word Play, and Confetti.

2 comments:

Julie said...

Love it Regina! Sanding it added the perfect touch.

Ariel said...

I love this chalkboard technique, and you've done a sweet card with it! I like the little pinwheel in the middle, too. Sweet!