Friday, January 4, 2013

"FREESTYLE FRIDAYS" . . . AND A SECOND CHANCE

Happy first Friday of 2013!!!!  It's my turn to share a Freestyle Fridays project, and I followed the mission set forth by Julie last week . . . create a black and white project, using silver (or gold) glass glitter if desired.  I was actually kind of excited about the challenge to use glass glitter because I have hardly used it.  In the back of a drawer--the far, far back--I found four bottles of glass glitter . . . one silver, two Champagne, and one Baja Breeze.  I must have had some projects in mind when I purchased it but, when you have the attention span of a gnat, it seems like an eternity between the time a good idea pops in your head and the time the man in brown drops the box on the porch.  Today's card is a technique that's hot, hot, hot at the moment . . . chalkboard . . . and I used Sticky Strip to hold the glitter for the framed border around my faux chalkboard.  Other Stampin' Up! products used to create this card include Whisper White and Basic Black card stock, "Vintage Verses" stamp set, rhinestone jewel, black satin and gingham ribbons (both retired), VersaMark ink, white embossing powder, Scallop Circle punches.  I don't remember the name of the paper that I used for the scallop circle flower, but it retired last year, I think.  Julie, this was a fun mission, and I look forward to another year of them!  

In this blog post, I announced that I had a FREE one-month subscription to Craft Project Central to give away.  I had planned to announce the winner today, but (as of this writing) no one entered the drawing.  If you'd like to enter the second drawing, just leave a comment to this post.  I will announce the winner on Monday.  If no one leaves a comment, one of my customers will be the lucky winner.

3 comments:

Julie said...

Bravo Regina for bringing new life to glitter by combining it with the chalkboard technique. Well done!

Jacoline said...

Regina I love what you have done with the challenge this week. The chalkboard method is so great and created hand and hand with the glass glitter makes a really lovely card. Thanks you so much for always being so creative you and Julie always inspire me.

Ariel said...

oh, I love this chalkboard card! it's gorgeous! I need to make a card using this technique for my classes. Your project is so very pretty.