Friday, February 15, 2013

"FREESTYLE FRIDAYS"

With her Freestyle Fridays post last week, Julie issued a mission for me to make a non-black chalkboard project to post this week.  At first (for a split-second), I wasn't sure what color I would use, but then I remembered some green chalkboards from my early school years.  And so this card got its start with Always Artichoke card stock.  I love washi tape.  Actually, I think I love buying and having it almost as much as using it (maybe more), so I decided to create a washi tape banner to drape across my chalkboard.  Oh, my goodness, this was so much fun, and don't you just love the splash of color that it adds?  Now for the details.  I began by inking the two images from "Feeling Sentimental" with VersaMark ink, stamped them on the card stock, and then sprinkled them with white embossing powder.  I used the Stampin' Sanding Block to remove some of the embossed areas so the images wouldn't look too perfectly white.  To dirty-up the chalkboard, I gave it a few swipes of white Craft ink and then some tiny swipes with Always Artichoke ink.  A white art pencil was used to draw the lines on my chalkboard, and then I worked on the banner by wrapping pieces of washi tape around the white Baker's twine.  Scissors were used to create the pointy ends, and the banner is held in place with brads and a few glue dots.  To give some dimension and interest to the banner, I embellished with some punched flowers, a heart, and rhinestone jewels.  Finishing touches were the "love" ticket (from Stampin' Up!'s Artisan Embellishment Kit), and the stamped "U" (from "Pennant Parade" stamp set).  The postage punched "U" was adhered with a Stampin' Dimensional to the red Petite Curly Label shape, which was also attached with a dimensional.  To recap, the Stampin' Up! products used to create this card include:
Stamp Sets:  Pennant Parade, Feeling Sentimental
Ink:  VersaMark, white Craft, Always Artichoke
Card Stock:  Always Artichoke, Whisper White, Riding Hood Red
Punches:  Little Labels Punch Pack, Petite Curly Label, Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack
Accessories:  Baker's twine, Artisan Embellishments Kit, Stampin' Dimensionals, rhinestone jewels, glue dots, white embossing powder, heat tool, Stampin' Sanding Block
Thank you, Julie, for yet another awesome mission!  I truly enjoyed this one, and it served as a reminder to not be afraid to think outside of the box and change things up!

1 comment:

Jacoline Fitzgerald said...

Regina you are marvelous. I have wanted to try the chalk board method but never knew how to do it and voila!!! you did it. This card is just stunning and again you have inspired me to do something out of my comfort zone... thank you, thank you I just love the idea and the card. Both yourself and Julie are just such creative people we are blessed to have you as our mentors.