Tuesday, April 2, 2013

"HAPPY TRAILS" AND "BUNNY TAILS"


On Sunday, the family got together at my house to celebrate Easter, my daddy's birthday, and my husband's MBA.  I wanted to add to the festivities by having some party favors, so I created the "Happy Trails" trail mix holders in honor of daddy's birthday and the bunny tags on the dish towels for Easter. 
Is that a cute boot or what?  I loved the spur because it reminded me of the time when my young son just had to have some spurs for his boots.  I ended up having to use a marker to draw the stitching and detail on the boots because it didn't show up well when I cut them (using my Silhouette Cameo) from textured card stock.  I used the Cricut Expression to cut the treat holders and the "Happy Trails" labels, and the bunny tags were created with the following Stampin' Up! products:  Very Vanilla and Chocolate Chip card stock, 1-1/4" Circle punch, 1-3/4" Circle punch, Top Note die, Fancy Fan embossing folder, Blossom Petals Builder punch, and Very Vanilla Flower Trim.
For daddy's birthday, I made this (quite shabby) table saw gift card holder.  Normally, I wouldn't post a photo of such a shoddily-constructed project on my blog, but I spent a couple of HOURS on this one and, by golly, it may not look like much, but it works like it should.  I got the tutorial from craftprojectcentral.com and, even though I've been working with tutorials for at least ten years, this one was intense.  It was well-written and easy enough to follow, but there were a lot of parts and steps, several of which I had to re-read a few times.  By the time I had finished, I was very proud that it worked--you slide the "piece of wood" through the saw blade and, in the process, the gift card comes sliding out at the back and just under the table top.  I had to apologize to daddy for a few construction issues, but I plan to make another table saw this week so that he will have one worthy to display.
Overlooking its faults, it's quite a cool gift!

1 comment:

Julie said...

Sheesh woman do you ever stop? These are awesome gifts. Can I be your friend :)