Thursday, May 23, 2013

BOX CARD WITH POP-UP SENTIMENT

I recently purchased some cut files for the Silhouette Cameo, and one of them was a box card.  I have attempted to make box cards in the past, but I was never very successful at getting them folded exactly perfect so that everything lined up like it should.  Having a cut file for the Cameo is really nice, mainly because I can now make box cards out of card stock without having to worry about it being too bulky!  When I started working on this box card, I was going to send it to my parents and include a note card (in a mini envelope) for each of them.  The front of the card is decorated with Stampin' Up!'s "This & That" designer paper, and I decorated the band that keeps the card closed with a large die-cut bird (Elegant Bird Bigz die) that I embossed with the Fancy Fan embossing folder and decorated with flower trim and a rhinestone brad for the bird's eye.
A really cool feature of this particular card is one that a friend recently showed me how to do . . . the pop-up sentiment!  When the box card is opened, the "thank you" sentiment pops up!  I used Stampin' Up!'s Decorative Label punch, small Oval punch, and Four Frames stamp set to create the layered sentiment.

No comments: