Friday, May 31, 2013

"FREESTYLE FRIDAYS"

It's Julie's turn to share a Freestyle Fridays project today, and she's been playing with glitter . . . and die cuts and punches and a background stamp, and is that a little dahlia in the center of the flower?  Wow!  To learn all about this dimensional creation, we'll have to visit Julie's blog.  I'm sure she'd love it if we surprise her with a comment!

I have to brag on Julie girl.  Last Saturday evening, I pulled a package from the mailbox and was surprised to see that it was from Julie.  I wasn't expecting anything, and then it occurred to me that she might be thinking that I have a birthday coming up.  Yikes!  My birthday isn't until November!  When I opened the package, I pulled out a pretty, sparkly "thinking of you" card and . . . (drum roll) . . . a music CD for which she had created a custom label of a map featuring my hometown of Mocksville and other towns and cities that are near and dear to me.  Lake Norman is on the map, too, but the little town of Denver (where I live) just barely missed the crop line.  Knowing that I have been traveling back and forth to Mocksville for a while now, Julie loaded the CD with some of my favorite songs!!!  I was planning a trip to Mocksville the next day, and I sooooooooo enjoyed listening to the CD!  Julie has magical powers and seems to know exactly when to send special surprises.  The last time that I received a CD from her, I was on my way to Mocksville.  I had pulled the mail out of the mailbox as I was leaving my house and just happened to look through it while I was getting gas, and there was a surprise package from Julie . . . and a brand new Lady Antebellum CD.  Julie, THANK YOU (once again) for making my day (many of them, actually)!!!!  Give yourself another hug from me!!!!

1 comment:

Julie said...

Regina, thank you for your kind words. I'm thrilled that you are enjoying it and I love surprising you like that :)