Saturday, July 20, 2013

HANDMADE FLOWERS IN A "WISH-IT-WAS-REALLY-VINTAGE" JAR

I love blue glass even if it's not the real thing from many years ago.  My great-grandmother (her name was Icie) used to have a lot of bottles--assorted shapes and sizes--sitting in the windows of her dining room, and the sun coming through, illuminating the assorted colors, always looked so pretty.  I would have loved to have ended up with some of those bottles, especially the dark blue ones, but my great-uncle (being the mean-spirited person that he was) probably tossed them in the trash.  There was never an opportunity to go through grandma's things and choose a keepsake.  I can remember going in her attic one time--only ONE time--and it was full!  There were some trunks, which I always assumed must be full of treasures, so the attic would have been my preferred place to start searching for a keepsake.  And, of course, the windows in the dining room.  I'm sharing today a Ball jar that I decorated to use as a vase for my handmade flowers.  See that burlap ribbon?  What's not to love about that????  When I bought the jars (a set of six), I had absolutely no idea what I would do with them, and I knew that I really shouldn't bring them home just because they were pretty, but an impulsive twinge tossed them in the cart as I headed toward checkout.  If not for those impulses, my stamp room would probably look really bare.  In case you're wondering, the other five jars are neatly stacked on top of an Expedit unit, waiting to serve some sort of purpose.  Stampin' Up! products used to create this project include:  Loving Thoughts stamp set, burlap ribbon, Tea Lace doily, crochet trim, natural trim, button, large rhinestone jewel, hemp twine (retired), Crumb Cake, So Saffron, Early Espresso, Wild Wasabi, Gumball Green, and Real Red card stock, 7/8" Scallop Circle punch, Blossom punch, and the retired Blossom builder punch (can't recall the name of it).

1 comment:

Nancy Dawson said...

How great is this! Such a neat keepsake. Will you share how you made the stems? Thanks for sharing.