Tuesday, July 9, 2013

HOMESPUN HELLO

I recently ordered Spellbinders' "Homespun" dies, which had caught my eye more than once.  Still, I wasn't sure that I'd find many uses for the dies and was hoping that I wouldn't regret the purchase.  When I made this card a few days ago, I still wasn't sure how I would use the die-cuts, but I had the colors all worked out.  Once I did a little sponging to the cuts and played around with placement, it didn't take long to figure out that my card needed something lacy, so I added the doily half and then the crochet trim, mainly because the card had to have some kind of ribbon (my rule).  I thought the embossed basket weaving on the So Saffron layer went nicely with this card's design.  The sentiment is from Stampin' Up!'s Happy Day stamp set, and all of the card stock is from Stampin' Up! . . . Pistachio Pudding, Whisper White, Soft Suede, Cherry Cobbler, and So Saffron.

No comments: