Friday, September 13, 2013

MIXED MEDIA FOR "FREESTYLE FRIDAYS"

So Julie issued a mission last week for me to create a mixed media project for this edition of Freestyle Fridays.  I'm a big fan of mixed media and have just enough supplies in my arsenal to, most of the time, leave me scratching my head in wonder of how to narrow down what to use.  That's pretty much how things went on Tuesday while I was working on the mission . . . until . . . I had an idea.  Unfortunately, it would be impossible to backtrack and reveal (step by step) how this project arrived at completion.  I can, however, list the supplies that I used:  assorted Dylusions ink sprays, assorted Tim Holtz Distress Stains and alcohol inks, assorted Claudine Hellmuth acrylic paints, light spritzes of Mister Huey's Color Mists, Dylusions Say It How It Is stamp set, a strip of burlap trim, and a few swipes of Faber Castell Gelatos--all of this on a larger-than-needed piece of watercolor paper, which was eventually cut to size for the card.  Although barely visible, I used a die-cut of Stampin' Up!'s Lattice die as a stencil with some of the ink sprays.  Other Stampin' Up! products featured on this project include the Dress Up Framelits die which was adorned with a pieced pleated skirt from Sycamore Street (retired) designer paper, pearl jewels, rhinestone brad (retired) holding the butterfly metal accent, Very Vanilla and Basic Black card stock, and crochet trim.  All in all . . . this was a very fun project to put together!  I don't know how she does it, but Julie Beaulieu always comes up with really fun missions!  Thank you, Julie!

No comments: