Saturday, December 14, 2013

HOLIDAY POP-UP CARD

What do I enjoy making as much as boxes, bags, and other 3D items?  Cards that have fun or fancy folds, interactive cards, or any card that has a design element that might wow the recipient.  I used a Silhouette cut file (by Daniela Angelova) to cut the pop-up insert for this card, and it is really a quick and easy one to make.  Choosing the papers and deciding how to decorate the front is what takes the most time.  I used a cut file designed by Lori Whitlock for the skate and chose glittery card stock for the white boot and silver blade, and a shiny black card stock for the bottom of the boot.  The designer paper that I chose for the card has its own shimmer and glimmer going on with the white embossed detail.  I used torn strips of card stock to create the snow, a piece of ribbon to create a scarf, and a punch to cut the leafy sprigs coming out of the top of the boot.
There was very little to do on the inside of the card, other than adhering the white bell (again, I used glitter card stock), sparkly rhinestone jewels, and the silver ribbon. 

1 comment:

Nancy Dawson said...

You never cease to amaze me! What a beautiful card.