Monday, June 23, 2014

"MAKE-IT-SNAPPY-MONDAY"

For today's MISM project, I created a design (photo above) in My Digital Studio using the following digital content:  1-1/4" Square punch (shaped into a rectangle), Blossom punch, Butterfly Shape 1 punch, and a text box using Xiomara font from my computer.  I love that font for digital designs that I cut with the Silhouette Cameo or Brother Scan n Cut because the letters are connected and decently spaced apart.  What I wanted from my digital design was to create a card layer that I could scan into the Scan n Cut machine (hence the dark gray background) with a cursive "hello" sentiment, and a flower attached to the "h" so that it would--when cut--be connected to the sentiment.  At the last minute, I decided to add that pretty butterfly in the top right corner.  So I printed the digital design, scanned it into the machine, and this is the card layer that it cut:
After lifting the cut elements from the paper, I adhered it to a Whisper White card front and then adhered the "chads" that were cut from each of the loops (h, e, l's, and o) and added a few glimmer paper accents.  This card layer would actually be considered the "negative", and following is what I did with the "positive" cuts:
Even though I started out with the intention of making the previous card the focus of today's project, I had more fun creating the above card with the cut butterfly and floral hello elements.  Stampin' Up! products featured on this card include Pistachio Pudding and Wisteria Wonder card stock, Glimmer paper, white gel pen, Chevron embossing folder, Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack, and retired 1/4" grosgrain ribbon.

1 comment:

2dogs2luv said...

a wonderful card share & thanks for doing this.