Monday, December 15, 2014

"MAKE-IT-SNAPPY-MONDAY"

Today's MISM project features some really fun Stampin' Up! products that will be available in January.  That beautiful bunch of tulips wrapped in newspaper . . . don't you just love it???  That stamp, Love is Kindness, was the first item added to my pre-order, which I expedited and received early last week.  It's a total indulgence to expedite an order (perhaps a slight waste of money), but I knew that I'd be out of town during the latter part of the week and wanted to be able to have the products early enough to touch and use them.  ;-)  After tearing open the box, the first stamp set that I worked with had to be the tulips.  I colored the stamped image with Stampin' Blendabilities Markers, embossed it with a script embossing folder, lightly sponged the card stock with Soft Suede ink, applied Crystal Effects to the tulips, and then set it aside to dry.  I enjoyed working with other new products and then went out of town for the weekend--totally forgetting about my tulips--until I got home late last night and realized that I needed a MISM project.  There they were . . . laying on the shelf, waiting to be given the spotlight on a card.  On a Crumb Cake card, I adhered the brick DSP from the brand new Adventure Bound DSP Stack and, before adhering the tulip layer, I cut the left wing from an Early Espresso die-cut butterfly (isn't it gorgeous), and adhered the remaining body and wing to the stamped layer.  The sentiment, which is from another new stamp set (Moon Lake) was stamped on a scrap of card stock, rough cut with scissors, and adhered to the bottom of the card.  It's always exciting to see (and work with) brand new Stampin' Up! products, and there are so many "must haves" coming our way!  This little card is just a taste of the goodness that awaits us all on January 6th.

No comments: