Monday, February 9, 2015

"MAKE-IT-SNAPPY-MONDAY"

As I wrote in THIS blog post, I fell in love with Stampin' Up!'s Yee-Haw stamp set when I first saw it, and I knew that it would be a handy one for masculine cards.  I didn't really need a card for a birthday buckaroo today, but I just received a set of thin dies that coordinate with the stamp set and really wanted to use them.  They worked wonderfully; however, I didn't get the lasso image (Photopolymer stamp) on the acrylic block without distorting the original shape, so that cut doesn't quite jive with the stamped image.  I think I have an easy fix in mind for that . . . the next time, I will use the image sheet that came with the stamp set as a guide for getting the stamp placed perfectly on the block.  ;-)  Notice the wooden gate in the background?  That's a piece of paper from the awesome Adventure Bound DSP Stack that I sponged with Soft Suede ink, and I cut three 1/2" strips from the paper to use for the cross boards.  To color the hat, I used an Aqua Painter and Soft Suede and Aquamarine Chalk ink.  I wasn't sure how the chalk ink would work with the Aqua Painter, but it worked very well.  The other Stampin' Up! products that I used were Crumb Cake, Coastal Cabana, and Very Vanilla card stock and Stampin' Dimensionals.  FYI . . . the Aquamarine Chalk ink coordinates very nicely with Coastal Cabana.
 
Have a happy Monday, a fabulous week, and visit again soon! 

No comments: