Wednesday, July 29, 2015

A POP-UP FOR CHRISTMAS

I recently purchased Cricut's Simple Pop-Up Cards cartridge and some Cricut pens and, when they arrived today, it was time to make a card.  One of my favorite projects on the cartridge is this Christmas card.  The one and only issue that I had (and it was 100% my error) was forgetting to size the card appropriately.  If I should happen to make any miniature friends (hobbits, perhaps), I will have the perfect card to send to them in December--or I could use this card as a gift tag.
This particular design will definitely be among the Christmas cards that I send this year!  Even at such a small size, my Cricut Explore cut it beautifully, and I can only imagine what a breeze it will be to cut (and fold) larger ones.  I think the penned sentiment turned out pretty, too, and I love that the machine has the ability to write/draw images--and that I now have a selection of ink colors for this!  
Not much thought went into decorating the front of the card since I was mostly interested in the inside.  The white layer was embossed with Stampin' Up!'s Decorative Dots embossing folder, and the layered framed deer image is from Cricut's awesome Winter Woodland cartridge.  

1 comment:

Nancy Dawson said...

Clever! Love the simplicity!