Monday, September 14, 2015

SKETCH CHALLENGE #51 AT CRAFT PROJECT CENTRAL

Each month, there's a new Creating Pretty Cards sketch challenge at Craft Project Central, and this month's sketch is quite fun.  Actually, there hasn't been a time yet when I didn't enjoy a sketch, but this one surprised me because I didn't realize until I looked at the tutorial for this sketch that the front of the card is cut in half--diagonally.  Pretty cool, huh? 
I could hardly wait to create a card for this challenge, and I was even more excited to use one of my brand new stamp sets . . . Garden in Bloom.  I was a wee bit torn about ordering this set but for one ridiculous reason only . . . it seemed that there were a lot of little images that could slow me down (trying to find the solid image that goes with the detail image).  Well, I put the stamp set to use last night, and WOW!  It. is. fabulous!!!!!!  I know you're probably thinking that another flower set is the last thing that you need, and I say that all the time, too; however, you have to admit that some of those floral sets that you keep holding onto have proven to have their own time and purpose.  I don't know how that happens, but it does.  I know that  Garden in Bloom will be one of my "go-to" sets because it's perfect . . . the sentiments are so very useful, and the images work beautifully whether stamped as two-step or alone, and they will make gorgeous note card sets--even borders and backgrounds!  Add this one to the top of your "things-I-want-to-order-from-Regina list".   ;-)
See that pretty punched detail in the top right corner?  That was created with the Curvy Corner Punch, which is another product that amazed me beyond expectation.  On the bee and the flower centers, I applied Dazzling Details, but it doesn't show in the photo. 
Did you know that for every 10 cards submitted for the Sketch Challenge, Craft Project Central will choose one winner who will receive a FREE one-month subscription to the site?  That would be a fun prize!  You can find a tutorial for the sketch and upload your card HERE.



No comments: