Monday, October 19, 2015

"MAKE-IT-SNAPPY-MONDAY" . . . MATCHBOOK TREAT HOLDER (& INSTRUCTIONS)

As the saying goes . . . better late than never (with this MISM post).  But, before I get to the usual  MISM share, I have some good news to share . . . 15% off stamp sets!  Check it out below:
Of course, I would appreciate it if you do your shopping with me.
Click HERE to shop now!  Maybe this would be a good time to
ask your significant other to place a holiday gift order for you!  ;-)

Today I have a really quick and easy project to share--a matchbook treat holder.  Seriously, this project is so easy to make that I whipped up four of them lickety-split.  I have to admit, though, that I didn't create a poinsettia for all of them.  
Although the poinsettia isn't hard to make, it takes a bit of time to punch all of the petals and build the layers.  The end result is worth the effort, don't you think?  I used Stampin' Up!'s Festive Flower punch, which has a coordinating stamp set (Reason for the Season), but I opted to not do any stamping for my flower.  I think the best way to make a bunch of these poinsettias would be to take the time to punch a LOT of petals and just have an assembly party with yourself--or a friend.  Or have a friend do all of the punching and assembly for you.  Ha!  The color of my poinsettia is Cherry Cobbler, but let me tell you . . . an absolutely gorgeous color is Blackberry Bliss.  I made two of them last week, and that color was a stunning choice.  For one of them, I stamped the petals with Blackberry Bliss ink and used VersaMark for the second flower.  The one that was stamped with VersaMark (believe it or not) looked the best, so you might want to try it.

INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE MATCHBOOK
I found the matchbook instructions on Pinterest (the land of whatever you want to know or find) but, before I had a chance to pin the project or write down the blog addy, the tab got closed or used for more browsing.  :-(  Following is what you need to know to make some matchbooks of your own.
1.  Place your 8-1/2" x 11" card stock on the Simply Scored Scoring Tool with the 8-1/2" edge at the top.
2.  Score at 3/4, 4-1/2, and 5 inches.
3.  Place the card stock on your Stampin' Trimmer with the 11" edge at the top, and cut at 2-3/4" intervals.  You'll end up with four matchbooks!
4.  Fold the 3/4" scored section upward, and place your treat inside (or you could make a note pad by placing blank paper inside).  Staple your treat or blank paper as close to the bottom of that scored section as possible.  This will secure whatever is placed in the matchbook and will also keep the front flap closed once the bottom of it is tucked inside that small flap.

WINNER! WINNER! WINNER!
With my October 13th blog post (HERE), I promised that I would announce the winner of the FREE one-month subscription to Craft Project Central .  To be entered in the drawing, there was one simple requirement . . . just leave a comment HERE about my project.  Thanks so much to those who took the time to comment.  I only have one subscription to give away, and it goes to #10 . . . MICHELLE MALLETT who wrote, "Those Christmas cards look fabulous!!!! Way to go Regina"  Congratulations, Michelle!  If you'll email me at randari at Hotmail dot com, we'll get your subscription started!

No comments: